Sunday, May 16, 2010

Group A - France: Update

This just goes to show how much I know:


http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05/12/france-name-provisional-world-cup-2010-squad-no-nasri-vieira-or-benzema/


While I was thinking Karim Benzema was going to be the one to lead France back to the promised land, the manager of the French international team didn't even think he was worthy of getting including in the team at all. I find this very concerning for France's prospects this year, even though Benzema had been riding the pine at Real Madrid, and even though he's been embroiled in an underage prostitution scandal, because in addition to excluding Benzema the manager chose to include 5 players who have never set foot on the pitch for France. If this move some how pays off the manager will be hailed as a brilliant hero back home. If it doesn't, you better believe he'll be taking up residence somewhere other than France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment